Tuesday, July 8, 2008
I think the internet could be a good idea when needing to communicate with parents. However, I think that written letters or phone calls still need to be made as well. Some parents don't have computers or still want to "talk", really talk with the teacher about their students' progress. As for how I'm doing in this class...I'm just finishing up my web portal. I have finished all of the assignments and the discussion board sections. I'm still not sure how I feel about posting my portal to the internet. I understand that as a teacher I need to know how to use technology, and I understand that my students will need to know about it as well, but I'm still resistant to utilizing it as a main source of education and communication. Technology loses the interpersonal connection and people seem to become dehumanized to things. I know...crazy thoughts...but have you seen WALL-E?? :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Marla, I guess what the question is how do you see yourself using technology to support teaching and learning?
Post a Comment